This service is for families who need some help to get back on track. Franklin Family Support Services Strengthening Families meetings are about getting everyone around the same table. We want to be the fence at the top of the cliff, rather than the ambulance at the bottom.
The Strengthening Families Process supports family/whanau by bringing together all the services supporting and or could be supporting them.
SF recognises that family's under pressure struggle to access the services that can help them, and dealing with multiple services can be very stressful.
SF is a simple and effective way to pull together the support that already exists for the family.
Common issues family ask help for:
- Parenting Skills/Child management issues
- Child or Young Persons behaviour
- Child or Young Persons physical health or disability
- Family's financial situation/budget management/debt
- Truancy/non-attendance at school
- Mental Health Issues
- Family relationships
Contact your SF Franklin Co-ordinator, Suzanne Edwards at Franklin Family Support Services (09) 238 6233