The Franklin Family Support Service office is also a Heartland Service Centre providing a one-stop-shop where people living in the Franklin area can access a range of government and community services. The aim is to improve access to information and services for families.
Approximately 25 central government agencies and more than 50 community organisations participate in Heartland Centres throughout the country. The centres provide a convenient meeting place for people to discuss their needs directly with service providers.
The Service Centres as one-stop-shops feature services and information from a range of Government organisations including:
- Forms and applications
- Email and phone facilities
- Access to government websites
We will assist you to make appointments with service provider representatives and direct you to services that best meet your needs.
We can help you with
- Face to face meetings by arranging an appointment with visiting representatives from a range of Government agencies
- Free access to Government websites
- Toll-free phone access to Government agencies
Here are the regularly scheduled services available at Franklin Family Support. Please contact our office to arrange appointments.
- Justice of the Peace - Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10:00am to 12:00pm. No appointment necessary.
- Legal Clinic - Every Wednesday, 3:00pm to 4:00pm. FREE 15min sessions. Bookings essential.
- Smoking Cessation - Every Friday, 9:30am to 11:00am
- Community Law South Auckland - First Thursday of the month - Legal assistance, advice, information. Bookings essential phone 09 2744966 to book.
- Age Concern - Advice and support on concerns or matters relating to older people, their careers and their whanau. Note: Start date for 2024 to be confirmed
- Department of Internal Affairs (DIA) - Immigration and Information on the community clinic - on request. Note: Start date for 2024 to be confirmed
Here are some helpful links to Various Government agencies:
Careers New Zealand https://www.careers.govt.nz/
Department of Corrections https://www.corrections.govt.nz/
Kainga Ora (Housing New Zealand) https://kaingaora.govt.nz/
Inland Revenue https://www.ird.govt.nz/
Internal Affairs https://www.govt.nz/organisations/department-of-internal-affairs/
Māori Land Court https://www.maorilandcourt.govt.nz/
Ministry for Primary Industries https://www.mpi.govt.nz/
Ministry of Justice – Courts https://www.justice.govt.nz/courts/
Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE)
Oranga Tamariki https://www.orangatamariki.govt.nz/
Te Puni Kōkiri https://www.tpk.govt.nz/en
Work and Income https://www.workandincome.govt.nz/
or you can click on the relevant logo.