Incredible Years 1 – 3 Year Olds
The Incredible Years is a FREE 12-week parenting programme for parents of children aged 1-3 years. The toddler program involves weekly sessions of two and half hours. Over the weeks, parents develop strategies to build positive relationships with their children and to manage problem behaviours. They come to group sessions each week, talk through what has, or hasn't worked, set goals for what they want to happen and ways to achieve those goals during the following week.
Some of the topics covered include:
- How to play/spend special time together
- Social, Emotional and Persistence Coaching
- Praising and rewarding children
- Communicating positively
- Setting limits
- Dealing with disobedience, selectively using distractions, and using ignoring techniques
- Helping children to problem-solve
Our programs do not run over school holidays or public holidays but instead break and resume after.
For information about Incredible Years programmes contact our Parenting Coordinator on email@example.com or phone 09 238 6233. Alternatively please download the application form and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org