Social Work

How can a community social worker help you?


Our social work service can assist you with:
Supportive Counselling, Care and Protection of Children, Grief, Trauma, Stress and Anxiety, Domestic Violence, Elder Abuse, Suicide, Sexual Violation, WINZ services, Terminal Illness, Death, Strengthening Families Facilitation, Drug and Alcohol, Conflict Resolution, Family/Carer Issues.

Our Community Social Workers and Support Workers work for the benefit of you and your family/Whanau. We work with your and your family/Whanau’s strengths and aim to achieve the goals you want to set. We can advocate on your behalf with government agencies to ensure you are receiving fair treatment and all your entitlements. We can ‘point you in the right direction’ when you’re not too sure who to approach and we are also very willing to walk alongside you and your family through the tough times and celebrate the breakthroughs and successes too!

What do I do if I think I need the help of a social or support worker?

You can ring Franklin Family Support Services on 09 238 6233 or e-mail and we will get a social worker or support worker to call you, visit or make an appointment for you to come in to see us, what ever suits you best. We are able to see you at home or in our Pukekohe office at 6A Roulston Street, Pukekohe.